on the requirements for articles to be published in
the Scientific and Practical Journal “Democracy and Law”
of the Institute of State, Law and Democracy of Turkmenistan
1. Scientists, professors-teachers, researchers, graduate and doctoral students, applicants for the degree of candidate and doctor of sciences, civil servants, representatives of international organizations, public associations and students may submit for publication in the journal "Democracy and Law" scientific and informative articles on the topics listed below:
- foreign and domestic policy of the President of Turkmenistan;
- principles of statehood, human and civil rights and freedoms;
- development of democracy, democratic institutions of state and society, and civil society;
- results of analysis in the field of state and legal science;
- the legislative system of Turkmenistan, the implementation into the national legislation of the norms of international documents, to which our country is a party, and their practical implementation;
- the legal systems of foreign countries, advanced methods and means of legal regulation of social relations, their implementation into the legislative system of the country and use in law enforcement practice;
- the main socio-political events of the country on further democratization of the life of the state and society;
- national-democratic institutions, historically formed by the Turkmen people and the peoples of the world, corresponding to their mentality and traditions.
- Turkmenistan's cooperation with other states and international organizations in the field of human rights and democratic reforms;
- the introduction of digital technologies in public administration and the legislative system, electronic document management and the development of human intellectual potential.
2. To submit an article to the editorial board of the journal "Democracy and Law," the author sends it to the editorial board in electronic format and in printed form. The author shall attach to the article a letter of recommendation from the head of the institution in which he works, and if he is an applicant for the degree of doctor or candidate of sciences – a letter of recommendation given by the head of a higher educational institution, as well as two positive feedbacks from candidates or doctors of sciences in this field.
3. Articles submitted for publication in the journal "Democracy and Law" must be of scientific novelty and shall not have been published in collections of scientific articles, in periodicals and submitted to their editors.
4. The text of the article submitted to the editorial board of the journal "Democracy and Law" shall be typed in Times New Roman font, contained in a single file and designed as follows:
• the name, surname (in full) of the author(s) and position to be typed in bold 12-point font and aligned on the right side;
• contact information to be fully indicated: work and cell phone number (if available, also e-mail address);
• the title of the article to be typed in capital letters, centered, and traditionally in bold font size 16;
• before typing the rest of the article shall indent 1 line down;
• the main content of the article should be typed in a regular font of size 14 and aligned to the width. Line spacing should be single spaced;
• page layout: top and bottom margins 2.0 cm, left side indent 3 cm, right side indent 1.5 cm;
• references to sources are given in the text of the article in the form of numbers in square brackets, for example: , , [3-5], etc. The list of references is placed in brief form at the end of the article and under the title LITERATURE;
• the total length of the article should be up to 5-6 pages.
5. Scientific and practical and informative articles, designed in accordance with the requirements, are passed to members of the editorial board of the journal and articles that have received positive feedback from them are placed on the waiting list for publication. If along with a positive review there are proposals for correction, the author gets acquainted with them and finalizes the article. The author is provided with the final version for reviewing and approving.
6. Articles not properly formatted or not approved by members of the editorial board shall not be published and the author will not be notified.